6.26.2012

some days

Some days, I really have my act together--as a mother, as a wife, as an employee.

Some days, I'm a super mom and can pick up on James Michael's cues in 2.2 seconds.

Some days, I have dinner ready when my husband comes in the door, greeting me with a kiss on the cheek.

Some days, I can complete two days worth of work in 8 hours at the office.

------------------------------------------------

But some days, it's all a front.

Some days, I worry, get run down and wish there was more time, more energy, more of me to go around.

Some days, I get overwhelmed with the messiness of my house but am too tired to clean.

Some days, I wish I could be the one to pick up my baby when he wakes up from his morning nap.

Some days, I dread having to pump another time at work.

Some days, I wish my husband got off work at 5 p.m. every night.

Some days, I wish my family lived closer.

Some days, I wish I had more "me" time--to sleep, to read, to blog, to work out.

------------------------------------------------

Most days, I have to remind myself it's not about how much I can accomplish, but how much I can let go and savor the sweet moment of life I'm currently living.


3 comments:

Emily Manning said...

LOVE this!!!! So true

Christen said...

You are so not alone! :) And any mom who says otherwise is lying!

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) said...

So true for every mom! ... well, probably every woman :) If we're lucky the good outweigh the tough!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011