I recently came across Ree's recipe for Raspberry Crisp. And though I applaud her unabashed use of loads of butter, I thought I'd come up with my own version of the dessert, as usual, sans gluten and white sugar.
Raspberry Crisp
Ingredients
- 2 pints raspberries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 tbsp maple syrup, divided
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Optional topping: vanilla yogurt, whipped cream or, my personal favorite, coconut ice cream
2. Add xanthan gum and vanilla, and gently stir.
3. Stir in 3 tbsp of maple syrup and place berry mixture in baking dish. Then, set aside.
4. In medium mixing bowl, add almonds, coconut and remaining 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
5. Add in butter, using a fork to cut butter into mixture.
6. Spread topping over raspberries.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for roughly 25 minutes.
This definitely had a tangy bite to it. That's why some sort of topping really rounds out this dessert.









2 comments:
Totally makin this. THanks Haley!!!
Hey testing how to leave a link on a blog
blog
Post a Comment